Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures Engaging, Reliable, Inviting, Knowledgeable and Admirable customer and loan officer experiences.
- Ensures applications are fully completed, generates initial disclosures, and collects missing underwriting documents from customer.
- Orders pertinent items such as title work and forwards request for appraisal ordering.
- Submits a loan package to underwriting, monitors completion of underwriting, and clears any conditions to close.
- Completes or obtains closing disclosures, coordinates closing with loan officer, client, and closing agent.
- Manages funding of loan, collection of closing, and trailing documents.
- Completes Decline/Withdraw documents for loans that do not close.
- Accurately and efficiently books loans as needed.
- Effectively provide professional internal and external communication whether written or verbal.
- Complies with all regulations that apply within the scope of the position, including BSA, AML, OFAC and CIP.
- A team player who actively seeks training opportunities, solutions to various processing issues and shares best practices with all team members.
- Participates in community events to keep with the “Team Marine” philosophy and image.
Education and Experience:
- Three years related experience as a processor, underwriter or equivalent.
- Thorough working knowledge of real estate documentation, residential compliance and procedures.
- High level of proficiency with mortgage loan processing and underwriting systems.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, multi-tasking and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.