The Quality Control Specialist is responsible for reviewing Commercial, Consumer, and Residential loan files and compiling necessary information for reporting. This position is also responsible for verifying the accuracy of file maintenance changes, either system generated or performed by Loan Operations.
Major Duties & Requirements
- Review Commercial, Consumer, and Residential loans files for adherence to loan policy, that the loan was booked onto the loan system accurately, and to ensure they are in compliance with the applicable loan regulations.
- Review Residential and HELOC loan files to pledge to FHLB.
- Maintains post-closing documentation tracking report and requests the pending items from closing agent to ensure receipt of items within 60 days.
- Verifies the indexing of scanned loan documents on new loans to accurately identify the document type and dates and to ensure images are associated to the appropriate loan including verifying images are clear, the document in its entirety is viewable and ensure all indexed values are correct
- Correct any mistakes discovered in the booking and scanning review process.
- Maintain and review monthly liquid collateral pricing to ensure Stock or CVLI value is within policy guidelines.
- Reviews system maintenance changes for accuracy.
- Review rate change notices to customers.
- Perform special projects and assists with audits as assigned by Loan Administration Manager.
- May perform other duties as necessary.
- Participates in community events to keep with the “Team Marine” philosophy and image.
Education & Experience
- College degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance.
- 1+ years of loan documentation review required.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must have exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Must be dependable with meeting deadlines and managing time.
- Good understanding of financial institution products and services.