Performs a variety of duties in support of Commercial Banking Group. Interacts with Commercial Loan Officers, Residential Loan Officers other internal department personnel, and third-party providers to complete a variety of tasks associated with the origination of loans and the servicing of existing loans. Assists Loan Department Manager in performing secretarial services job. Assures tasks are completed accurately, timely and professionally to ensure prompt and professional service to internal and external customers.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Obtains information related to the loan origination process including: ordering credit reports, appraisals, preliminary title reports, UCC searches, environmental reports, insurance information, flood certificates, Secretary of State filings and various other items.
- Assists Loan Officers in the preparation of disbursement worksheets, prefunding packages, loan documentation checklists and other communications necessary to properly document the credit files. May contribute to the preparation of the loan approval report and financial spreadsheets.
- Prepares and maintains pipeline reports, absence reports and other reports as assigned by Loan Department Manager.
- Acts as Loan Department Manager’s secretary; tasks include calendaring and scheduling, preparing expense reports, management reports, etc.
- Completes clerical tasks such as filing, photocopying, faxing documents and organizing and maintaining supplies.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Complies with all regulations that apply within the scope of the position, including BSA, AML, OFAC and CIP.
- Participates in community events to keep with the “Team Marine” philosophy and image.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field with a minimum of two years’ experience in commercial lending and/or related capacity.
- Commercial credit training with a prior employer is a plus.
- Knowledge of general banking policies/procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to effectively work with colleagues and on multiple projects simultaneously, managing time and resources to ensure work is completed efficiently and within established timeframes.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.