Greets customers, other visitors, and vendors with a smile, cheerfully acknowledging and welcoming every customer that walks in or telephones. Responsible for meeting the immediate needs of customers by answering questions on products and services and, if necessary, referring to an appropriate person for further assistance. Provides general support to the bank by being responsible for supply orders, correspondence, meetings, conference calls and informational reports.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifies customer needs and is comfortable answering customer questions within the scope of their expertise. Creates a friendly, positive impact on customers and provides effective service resolutions.
- Ensures that all customer interactions are handled efficiently and effectively by having knowledge of products, services, and team member roles.
- May describe products and services, assist in problem solving, handle maintenance issues and give balance information.
- Refers client inquiries regarding deposits, investments and loans to the appropriate team member.
- Responsible for general and inter-office mail distribution and supply orders.
- Provide administrative support when needed to Bank President. Coordinates team and bank meetings, conference calls, travel plans, Chairman’s lunch and general follow up as needed.
- Keeps a general marketing calendar of bank sponsored events and bank meetings. Distributes on a regular basis to bank management.
- May provide support for special projects on an as needed basis.
- May provide general assistance and perform miscellaneous duties needed at the branch via the direction of the Branch Manager.
- May assist opening and closing of office.
- Participates in community events to keep with the “Team Marine” philosophy and image.
- Adheres to Bank policies and procedures and performs functions in compliance with all rules and regulations.
- Possess a clear understanding of financial transactions and have ability to communicate information clearly and effectively.
- Understands privacy policies and complies regarding bank and customer information.
- Completes the Bank’s annual security and operational training. Attends other training as assigned.
- Complies with all regulations that apply within the scope of the position, including BSA, AML, OFAC, and CIP.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Six months experience as a teller preferred, 1-2 years’ experience in a customer contact position.
- General understanding of banking and financial products.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Outlook, and Internet Explorer.