Responsible for conducting compliance monitoring reviews, HMDA reporting reviews, fair lending reviews and compliance training. Also responsible for providing assistance/backup to BSA Analyst by monitoring and investigating suspicious or unusual customer activity, analyzing the reasonableness of transactions, and conducting enhanced customer due diligence.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures Engaging, Reliable, Inviting, Knowledgeable and Admirable customer experiences.
- Assist with the administration of the Bank’s Compliance Management Program.
- Conduct compliance monitoring reviews.
- Prepare compliance monitoring reports.
- Assist with compliance staff training.
- Assist with revisions of policies and procedures relating to compliance.
- Research compliance-related questions posed by bank personnel and formulate a timely response.
- Effectively provide professional internal and external communication whether written or verbal.
- Assist with compliance audit and examination requests.
- Assist/backup the BSA Analyst:
- Conduct reviews of customer accounts and activity using AML software and reports.
- Conduct enhanced customer due diligence as needed when unusual customer activity occurs.
- Conduct due diligence to determine whether a Suspicious Activity Report should be filed.
- Review new deposit account packages
- Assist retail office and operations personnel as needed.
- Complete Bank’s training program.
- Support Marine Bank & Trust in a variety of other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Adhere to all Bank policies and procedures.
- Complies with all regulations that apply within the scope of the position, including BSA, AML, OFAC and CIP.
- Participates in community events to keep with the “Team Marine” philosophy and image.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in banking operations with knowledge of regulatory compliance.
- High school diploma required, college degree preferred
- Ability to independently and efficiently research, analyze, organize and prioritize work.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software program, especially Word and Excel.
- A strong commitment to team culture and positive attitude is required.