If you are interested or would like more information, please email hr @ marinebankandtrust.com.
Teller Supervisor / Head Teller
- Supervise Tellers
- Performs normal Teller duties on a daily basis
- Assists Tellers in locating cash discrepancies, manages unusual window transactions and answers difficult customer questions
- Receives loan payments, inspects negotiable instruments and cash offered for payment and enters payments received into computer records
- Performs a variety of customer service transactions
- Ensures Teller stations are adequately stocked and ready for subsequent shifts at changeover or closing
- Conducts performance evaluations for Tellers and resolves grievances
- Responsible for monthly audits and bank reconciliation
- Is aware of the Bank’s safety procedures and aware of surroundings at all times
- Possess superior attention to detail
- Identifies customer needs, refers financial products and services to consumers and small business
- Completes the Bank’s annual security and operational training
- Participates in community events to keep the “Team Marine” philosophy and image
- Responsible for branch cash and settlement
- Arrange incoming/outgoing cash shipments weekly
- Buy/Sell Teller cash while maintaining appropriate cash limits
- Balance drawer daily and resolve any discrepancies
- Encode tickets with the correct account number, verify check amounts/payees and verify currency deposits
- Process loose coin with coin counter/sorter
- Verify and submit large currency reports
Education and Experience
- 2-4 years of head teller experience including formal teller and new accounts training
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills
- Exceptional organizational and computer skills
Greets all customers with a smile. Provides exceptional customer service and detailed information. Performs customer services, such as opening new accounts, establishing direct deposit accounts, opening retirement accounts and assisting customers with queries concerning financial institution services. Responsible for the development of new business relationships and maintaining existing relationships. Answers questions on all services the financial institution provides, and recognizes selling and referral opportunities. Identifies cross-sell opportunities to deepen customer relationship and refers to appropriate team member.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures Engaging, Reliable, Inviting, Knowledgeable and Admirable customer experiences.
- Identifies customer needs and sells financial products and services to consumer and business customers.
- Serves as inside and outside service/sales consultant for customers, answers customer questions within scope of expertise, or, refers customer to appropriate source. Creates friendly, positive impact on customers and provides effective product and service resolutions to customers.
- Identifies and sells appropriate bank products and services based on customer needs. Accurately and efficiently completes account documentation and obtains proper authorizations. Provides customers with disclosures and product brochures. May prepare consumer loan applications and complete customer data.
- Responds to all telephone inquiries in a prompt, courteous, and timely manner. May quote rates, describe products, provide information regarding matured CDs and assist in solving problems. Ensures that all customer complaints and problems are handled in an efficient and timely manner.
- Adheres to Bank policies and procedures and performs functions in compliance with all rules and regulations.
- Possess a clear understanding of financial transactions and ability to communicate detailed and complex financial transactions effectively.
- Carries out banking center’s objectives and goals.
- Completes the Bank's annual security, operational and sales training.
- Complies with all regulations that apply within the scope of the position, including BSA, AML, OFAC and CIP.
- Participates in community events to keep with the “Team Marine” philosophy and image.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Six months experience in the teller function.
- 1-2 years sales experience, particularly in cross-marketing products and services.
- Strong understanding of financial products and services.
- Above average computer skills including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer